project Ivy Cottage
A Grade II listed former farmhouse in Tregurrian. The client brief was to bring a tired home up to “high-end rental spec”.
Initial focus was on structural issues; predominantly damp problems, rotten joists and failed lintels.
We engaged one of our planning consultants to submit planning on our proposed works. Once planning permission was granted we got to work on completely renovating and modernising the interior, exterior and gardens of this lovely old building. Initial focus was on structural issues; predominantly damp issues, rotten joists and failed lintels.
- The stonework front elevation was returned to its original lime mortar, hacking out all the failing mortar joints.
- The front porch was repaired using reclaimed rag slates.
- Extensive land drainage works were undertaken around the building, taking runoff to soakaways.
- We strengthened main room joists with steel plates and new timber using our structural engineers calculations, adding insulation between the timbers to for sound proof.
- We re-wired and re-plumbed the whole house, including a new boiler and cylinder.
- The entire interior was renovated and modernised, including knocking through the kitchen wall into the lean-to conservatory at the rear and replacing that timber structure like-for-like.
- Katie Weaving Interiors carried out all interior design.
- We then landscaped the gardens.